Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:28 PM   #1

I own a Nikon d90 (just got it!) and am having a bit of an issue. According to the instructions I need to format the memory card and I follow the steps to do this pressing the delete and format button and hold for a few seconds until it flashes, then release and press again. It is supposed to then tell me the number of picture remaining. now I don't know if i am doing something wrong, but I cannnot find the pictures remaining, nor does the number where it is supposed to be change.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Erin

nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:10 AM   #2

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. The card you put in was probably already formatted which is why the number didn't change. Try taking a few shots.

Ken
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:14 PM   #3

I have taken several shots, but no numbers change to indicate how many shots are left. Not that it's a huge deal, nice to know, but i figure if it should be there, it should be.
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Administrator

How large is your memory card?

The D90 will display a K in the lower right corner of the viewfinder if you have enough space left for 1000+ images for the image type you have selected (raw + jpeg fine, jpeg fine, etc.). It's probably limited to 3 digits (999 or smaller numbers).

So, if you have a larger card with lots of space on it, you won't see photos remaining change from "K" until you use enough space so that the card only has room for 999 images or less.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote