Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Default Fast Far and Low Light

Understanding that the lens plays a huge role in taking action photos in low light I'm trying to find a body that will allow the lens to do its job. I'm currently looking at the D90, D300, and D700; I haven't shot nikon yet, from what I've heard and seen they're the way to go, please speak up if otherwise. The pictures I'm trying to take are of horses jumping about 50-100 feet away in very poorly lit arenas. I would prefer not to spend any more money than I have to; I don't want to cut myself short either.

I would also like to have the option of getting prints of these pictures poster size if possible (without loss of quality) but at a minimum of 11x14.

Lastly I do quite a bit of hiking and like to shoot close and landscapes. I figure any camera body that can do low light action will excel in these other to area, but if not than that is an issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to sort this out for a while now.
Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links