Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:27 PM   #1
Default Basic Help!....2 things bugging me

I,ve a D80.....when I take a picture the photo appears on the screen but theres a load of data over the top of it,is there any way I can hide this data?,the other thing thats really bugging me is....can I veiw the intended shot on the monitor before I shoot it,all the camaras I,ve ever owned I could switch the monitor off/on but I cant find it on this one??

Sorry if the questions are a bit basic............but so am I using a camara.
Haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:48 PM   #2

Q-1: Use the up/down on the Multi selector to scroll through the different display options until you get just the picture.

Q-2: No you can not view the image before you take the picture.
You can do this on many newer DSLR models but when doing so you will not be able to look through the viewfinder, the camera will focus slower and you will find it difficult to hold the camera in front of you in any steady fashion.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:49 PM   #3

1. Press the direction pad up/down while the pic is on the LCD to scroll through the different viewing options. You can select histogram, picture info, no data, etc.

2. The D80 does not have live view, and you cannot view images prior to shooting. you have to frame and compose using the viewfinder. Most older DSLR's do not have live view, and even the ones that do don't implement it all that well.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote