Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 2, 2002, 4:04 PM   #1
Default I got a Ridata CF card from Australia in 3 days.

Hi Guys,

I found from DPReview forum about this Australian mail order company and ordered 2 256 MB Ridata CF cards from them on Tuesday afternoon. I got them here in Canada (where usually everything is a day later) today - Friday - in the afternoon, for only $14 US S/H - unbelievable.

First, for few days I tried to deal with mypcmax com (lead from the same forum), but they don't want to deal with Canada through their Web site. I even couldn't call them - their 800 # doesn't work from here. My wife tried calling from Buffalo, NY - same thing. I send them a long e-mail, telling them I would like to order things and although my billing address is in Canada I have ordered a lot that way. I wrote that we are member of WEVA International and they could get some good exposure if they think wisely. Sent it to their sale e-address - it couldn't get through - the address was down. I tried again and sent to customer service - and it finally went through. What did they answer, one line - "Our phone callers from the East Coast have problems calling us - call the regular, long distance number". That's what they call business?

Some may have great experience with this company, but for me now that the price is virtually the same, I'll deal with www.powerinnumbers.com.au

They even sent an e-mail to ask if I received the package and am I happy with the service. You bet I am!!! In 3 days from Australia! When I have done searches before, I would skip any companies from foreign countries - not any more.

By the way, recording a NEF uncompress file to the card now takes only about 9 sec. (which I CAN wait) as opposed to 50+ for the SanDisk (which I could NOT wait).

Best of luck to all,

Luby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links