Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:05 PM   #1
Default Question on settings for the D300 - Brackets

Hi folks!

I happend to be able to borrow (trial-periode) a slightly used D300 for a few days (well over the week-end) and want to go out and shoot some test-shots with it tomorrow.

I am particularly interested in doing a lot of AEB (Auto Exposure Brackets) where I decide the aperture (in aperture priority) and then like to set off a burst of preset shots (Number of shots in bracketing sequence) - either 3 or 5 or 7 - with let's say 1/2 EV or 2/3 EV in between.

In the camera's spec's it says: Exposure bracketing: • 2 to 9 frames - with • 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 EV steps in between

Where do I preset the above parameters - [I have found where I can set the bracketing-order = priority in which the brackets are shot: Under(-1EV) MTR (0EV) Over (+1EV)] - but not where I decide how many bracket-shots to fire and the increments between shots.

- and most important, HOW am I going to start shooting / trigger the Bracket-shots? In othe words - switch from single-shot to these Bracket-shots?

Anybody out there who can help me?

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 11, 2010 at 2:15 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:39 PM   #2

Hi Walter.

I also have the D300, and have fooled around with what you're interested in accomplishing - but not so much as to recall the procedure from rote memory. Being rather busy, right now, I didn't have the time to search for my user's manual. You should, however, be able to download the manual here. Don't rightly know if you will still have access to that borrowed D300, but I will provide a place whereby you can download the manual - just in case. Here is the link:

The best to you.
NLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:43 PM   #3

Press the Fn function in the front of the camera:
The rear dial will control the number of frames
and the front dial will control the +/-EV settings....
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:38 AM   #4

Thanks to the both of you, NHL and NLA - I found out how to set AEB's after fooling around with the two push-buttons on the camera's front. The D300 has great settings for bracket-shots, both 3, 5 ,7 and 9 exposures with lots of different settings in between shots.

Great camera, but on this example the auto-focus seemed a bit erratic, so I didn't take the chance of buying it and returned it sunday evening. Solid pice of equipment though!

Thanks again.

P.S.: This Nikon-forum is not exactly the most visited forum here, is it.....?
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote