Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:55 PM   #11

I dont think that tells you anything.Even a disposable will give good results in the right conditions.
For instance my old Pana FZ7 will produce great shots in undemanding conditions but where my D5000 and my D40x score heavily against it, is when the light is anything but perfect Go into a dimly lit Church or to a race course on a rainy day then post the comparisons.Then I think you will see where the money is working for you.
D5100 +18-200mVR Nikkor lens.
SB400 Flash, ML-L3 Remote.
SB 700 Flash
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:35 AM   #12

Ok. I accept the challenge. I will return as soon as I can with the photos as you suggest. But I understand that the cheaper camera will probably show more grain since it is 4 years old and the newer cameras have better sensors.

But that is not what we will look for. Anyway I shall return in a few days or so with the new photos and we will c.

Dig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:46 AM   #13

Search flickr.com after D80. There you will find loads of amazing photos. So itīs not the camera making your pictures bad.
As previous speakers has said, a compact produces great photos under perfect cirkumstances.
A DSLR demands more knowledge of itīs owner than a compact. And when you really get to know your DSLR, and understanding photo, then the pictures can be amazing. Iīm still struggling to learn my DSLR, and when I do get good photos, they are much better than the photos I could produce with my compact and longzoom.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote