Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 3, 2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Default Can't Edit Video from D5000

I shot a couple of short clips with my D5000 and wanted to play with them in my editor (Sony Vegas Movie Studio) - but when I drag the clip to the timeline, I only get audio.
For whatever reason, Vegas Movie Studio doesn't see the video stream - I can play the clips in Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker will use them with no problem, so I'm guessing this is really more of an issue with Vegas than with the camera or it's files.
What are you using, if anything, to edit the video clips that this camera creates? I do all of my home movies with Vegas, and I use it for my work quite a bit, so I'd rather find a way to edit these clips with it if possible.
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2010, 8:56 AM   #2

ive not made many videos with my D90, but the couple i did make i edited in windows movie maker and saved as .WMV in 720p, they worked fine.
as a workaround untill vegas release a plug-in you could convert your movies in movie maker before using them in vegas.
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote