Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 10, 2010, 8:49 AM   #1
Default D70 Charger and Lens?

My brother aquired a used D70, but it does not have a charger or lens..
What are the cheapest quality lense and charger I can find for it? Model numbers would be helpful and appreciated.
x Joey Dubs x
Canon XSI Noob
xJoey Dubsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2010, 9:16 AM   #2

I'd try this charger for $7.95 with free shipping.

I bought one that looks just like it from the same Ebay vendor, only mine was for my Sony A700's batteries. Delivery was very fast, and it's worked just fine (I've had mine for about a year now), and I have no reason to believe it's overcharging batteries or anything like that, as I've left a battery in it for long periods of time before with no ill effects. It's got a fold out AC plug on the back (so you can plug the charger directly into a wall outlet), and also comes with a cord so you can use it with a Cigarette Lighter socket for charging via 12 volts DC. I've only used via AC (and I've had no issues with it).

I know it senses how charged a battery is, too (since if you remove and reinsert a charged battery, the LED on it changes from green (charging) to red (finished charging) pretty fast (whereas it may take 3 or 4 hours to charge a fully discharged battery).

As for an inexpensive lens on a tight budget....you could pick up a factory refurbished Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR (Vibration Reduction) lens for around $95 (which is less than you usually find new 18-55mm lenses without VR selling for). Here's an example:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote