Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:54 AM   #11

Canon 7D is a substantial jump from a Nikon D90 - congrats on your purchase, and post some pictures when you get your camera!
1DsII | 5D | 17-40L | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 105 2.8 Macro | 70-200 2.8L IS
Davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:09 AM   #12

It's a decision that wasn't easy because the D90 is a very capable camera, also me coming from a D40 it sure is a big jump. Thanks.
rambilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:06 PM   #13

Originally Posted by rambilt View Post
I didn't want to offend anyone... I just want to clarify that these issues with lens and batteries are not an e everyday occurrence of owning a Nikon D90.. I currently have a D40 and would like to get a lens with a zoom capabilities preferrably the Nikon 18-200 VR but the cost is up there and with a couple hundred dollars more I can get me a D90 with 18-105 a little shy in the zoom that I want but i got a better Camera, if what you are saying D90 have no issues and if it does it's isolated with the early models. Thanks for your reply.
The D40 is a very capable camera and the 18-200 VR is an awesome lens. From your post and my experience, you would be happier with the longer lens for the D40.
Logo10heli is offline   Reply With Quote