Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:38 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Istvan84 View Post
Nice setup guys! The d50 was my first dslr ever. I bought it new in 2005, and I just loved it. Took great pictures, really one of my best cameras! Now the d90 is my 4th Nikon dslr. And I'm thinking of upgrading...
Thanks, and yeah I love my D50 the only problem I have is the 2.5fps, I want to take sequences of skateboarding and snowboarding but it looks so bad at 2.5fps.
Nikon D200 Body
Nikon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 AF
Nikon 70-300mm f4-5.6 G
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon SB24 Speedlight
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
NoFlashPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:11 AM   #12

I went from this - which only held the D90 with a (any) lens attached and the 55-200, forcing the flash and Sigma 10-20 outside

To this - Over stuffed for the photo as usually do not carry the second flash (kept in my umbrella/stands case) or D40 body (stored in closet). This just illustrates capacity, and will definately support future expansion.

That is a Domke F6. Brought basic equipment into the store and tried LowePro, Tamrac sling and backpack models, and looked - but not tried - a couple other brands, but kept coming back to Domke. Initially was thinking the F3x which slots between the F6 and F2, but was too large and with 1 front center latch, access would be too easy - particurally for pick-pockets.

Here is typical setup. While not able to see it, as packed, the lens hoods for the 10-20 and 55-200 are in there - reversed with the lens sitting in them. The empty slot will easilly support a future 50 prime, and the depth allows upgrades to 16-85 (or 18-105) and 70-300. Another possible setup option, depending on preference, is getting some foam from a hobby shop and creating a cradle to support the D90 with no pressure on the lens pointing downward. Also, that 4 compartment unit is not flush on the right, so could be moved over about an inch, supporting a larger camera body if upgraded to a 300 (400?).

Last edited by tizeye; Feb 10, 2011 at 7:20 AM.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote