Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:08 PM   #1
Default Wedding photographers and the Nikon D100

Are there any wedding photographers out there using a D100? I just bought my D100 and am wondering if you have any brides objecting to you shooting their wedding with digital instead of 35mm film.

What are the main reasons you give to convince them to go digital?

Nikonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2004, 4:37 PM   #2

Well, if you shoot digital and produce some nice papershots, make the album and attach a CD/DVD with the shots. I don't think anybody would complain! It's the memories that counts at a wedding, unless the bride is a photofreak!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:44 AM   #3

Had a bride once telling me she didn't like digital photos, she was a film freak! :shock: Well, I didn't lie, I told her I shot both film and digital. I showed her my work and she was hooked. She couldn't tell the difference between the film and digital prints I guess when she thought of digital maybe she had in mind the image quality from a point & shoot with too much depth of field, or that prints from a digital were printed on any ordinary inkjet and her pictures would start to fade within a year or so. That was not the case. The only time when we have a photo printed on an inkjet is when the enlargement is too great for a Fuji Frontier, so it's printed on a wide format Epson with Ultrachome inks, and then it's laminated to further protect it from fading. I didn't have to tell her all these technical issues, bottom line was that she really liked my work and the image quality was top notch. Another thing is that when I make albums, digital images require no cleaning at all - dust and scratch removal from a scanned image is time consuming depending on the damage. Perhaps next year I will add another digital body to my arsenal D2x, where art thou? :P
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote