Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:07 PM   #1
Default 7000 white balance

I'm doing better with the 7000/50 500 combo but I'm still not there when it comes to white balance. Sometimes I do ok and others I blow out the highlights. Auto WB doesn't seem to work great with bright backgrounds. Guess there's no easy setting, you just have to adjust accordingly.
Attached Images
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:25 PM   #2

shoot raw then you can adjust the WB afterwards
nice photos BTW
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:44 PM   #3

Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
shoot raw then you can adjust the WB afterwards
nice photos BTW
I agree with Kazuya. Shoot in RAW and you can recover whatever highlights have been blown out.

A suggestion I set my ISO sensitivity settings to: "ON" then set my base ISO to 100 my maximum sensitivity 800 and last, my minimum shutter speed 1/400 sec.

The logic is that is that in the morning, when I'm most often shooting birds, the light is ever changing. The camera automatically gives me the right ISO for the shutter speed and aperture I set.
By the way, I've learned the hard way that for me, manual mode is the mode that works bet for me. The D7000 dual dial wheels, allow me to dial in the shutter speed using the rear wheel and the Aperture using the front wheel without tasking my eye off the viewfinder.

For those that are new to this, it takes a bit of work at first, but once you get comfortable with the limits of the particular lens you are using as i.e. the best combination of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO in a given lighting condition.

You'll quickly learn the upper and lower limits of your lens when that happens is relatively easy to dial in the various settings based on the situation

Hope that helps.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote