Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:41 PM   #1

Default Nikon Dis-Service No-Repair

Nikon received my D 600 body for the second time with severe oil spots on the sensor on Jan. 14, 2013. It took 11 days for it to go from arrival to log-in at repair. It is now a full month later, 31 days since it arrived at repair and 42 days since Nikon received the camera. Around Jan 28 th, my case was taken over by Mr. David Dentry, Senior General Manager of Customer Service. Why, I don't know, and what that means, I don't know either. Customer service is in Philadelphia, but repair is in Melville, N.Y., why, I don't know that either. Since then I have e-mailed Nikon 3 times as to the status of my D600 body, no response. I have called customer service 3 times, both staffers and supervisors swore they would get back to me regarding the status of my repair, no one has. Looking up the Nikon Corporate menu, the only people I could contact is Technical Support, or Customer Service, back to square one. As of this moment I am totally in the dark. Professionalism and diligent customer service like this from Nikon repair like needs to be shouted out from every photographic forum out there. If you are in a quandry as to whether to buy a new Can or Nikon camera, let this e-mail be the tipping point
manattee scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:14 PM   #2

Although I have no complaints with my Nikon you might find that going outside Nikon gets you quicker response than calling them. I find that bad press gets quick response from manufacturers. In this case you might try a complaint to Consumer affairs or some other agency that may get their attention. The saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:53 AM   #3

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem with Nikon USA but I'm glad to tell you that Nikon UK is very good. My last camera repair on my D5000 only took just over a week from when I posted it to receiving it back.
So it must be Nikon USA not Nikons policy in general.
Anyway good luck and make as much of a nuisance as possible.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Tevion Flexible short tripod.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ 7.
Panasonic FZ200
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:26 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Very dissapointing to hear. I've been contemplating moving up to a FF (D600), but accounts such as this is serving as a major deterrent. You might want to send evidence of your problems with Nikon USA to Nikon Japan at http://www.nikon.com/about/info/group/index.htm

Let us know about any progress (if any).

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote