Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:37 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
You keep making stunning pictures Marcelo, that last one is again breathtaking!
Lordje is correct in his assessment of your photographic skills. I've been remiss in not commenting on this last image. It really is very well done.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:50 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Love this shot Marcello. Just a tad over the top (In a good way) with rich colours that catch the eye. The twin beams of light makes you look twice as well. Your composition as always is exceptional.

(if somebody is out there) I think that every morning. Part of my ritual is to check biz emails, the friends and family, then my forums. Football (that's Soccer ) and my 2 main photography ones.

Don't know what's happening to this forum. Steven seems to be almost single handedly keeping the oly board alive.

I gave up posting on the "Post your pics" boards, it seems to have gotten into a clique mode. Last time I posted it was ignored (Lots of hits, no comments...Was it that bad..) except somebody took my title and put their own pics up.

I spend more time on my other forum these days. It's not camera centric and has a pretty friendly attitude.

Shame.
Thank you Ken and sorry for the late reply, I gave this shot a little of color to try something different and I think I really like the results. The color of the water remind me the Caribbean and the city and sky make a great contrast.

Yoi are right about the Oly forum it is alive thanks to Stevenm his great post bring some viewers over there.

I made a commitment for this Summer to start using more my Nikon gear so I'll be posting more often here.

Quote:
Great series of shots from your Vegas event. I liked them all, from the serious to the fun.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ken,

Since you took the time to ask the question, it deserves an answer, at least my view of the situation.
For me, I've stopped looking at most of the photo forums I used to visit and post on. Only exception is Steve's Digicams. This is the place where I first cut my teeth on digital photography and have tried to be keep an eye on what long time forum members are up to.

I find that there are too many internet options that compete for the time I have. Also, social media site's like Facebook has cut deeply into everyone's time-mine included. I try to look at Facebook each morning so I can find out what my kids and grand kids are doing.

As for posting pics, even though I like to look at the ones my friends post, I generally don't comment, reason being, we've been doing this a long time.
You & I know the photo we've posted is a good one. How many times can one post a response like good great or wonderful job without it sounding gratuitous or phony.

I will say that I continue to visit sites like Thom Hogan's or Michael Reichmann's (Luminous Landscape) to read how-to articles on specific styles
of photography as well as the latest and greatest on gear that interest me.

Zig
I totally agree with Zig, I started using Facebook to keep communication with my family and now it is one of my main photo galleries but I like to post my pictures also here to share with you guys.

Quote:
Hey Zig, I understand what you're saying. I've had to cut back from my computer time for fun, our business in real estate has just become really, really busy.

My morning visit is my to my two emails and answering the ones I don't delete.. Then Facebook. Kids and grandkids in China and New Zealand.

Then the football (sawker ) forum. My team Liverpool had a great season but missed 1st place by a couple of points.

Then Steve's just to see what's going on. I look in now and then at Luminous Landscapes. I can see how you would like this one and it's commercial aspects. One I've been posting in lately is another Photo forum.

Unless we control it time runs away.
Quote:
You keep making stunning pictures Marcelo, that last one is again breathtaking!
Thank you so much Lordje, I really appreciate your comment.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:02 AM   #133

Quote:
Lordje is correct in his assessment of your photographic skills. I've been remiss in not commenting on this last image. It really is very well done.

Zig
Thank you Zig, I'm glad you like it.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:16 AM   #134

It is one year since I started this thread and still alive, lets celebrate with some winter scapes:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Marcelo
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:45 PM   #135

Again an amazing series of pictures.
Thank you for sharing us your pictures Marcelo, they are a lust for the eye and inspiring me for sure.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:43 PM   #136

Quote:
Again an amazing series of pictures.
Thank you for sharing us your pictures Marcelo, they are a lust for the eye and inspiring me for sure.

Thank you Pascal for the kind comment, I'm glad you like it.

Marcelo
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:08 PM   #137

Curtis Island, Camden-Maine

Nikon D300 + Nikon 17-50mm f/2.8

Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:25 PM   #138

very good composition en perfect shot !

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:23 AM   #139

Quote:
Hi Ken,

As for posting pics, even though I like to look at the ones my friends post, I generally don't comment, reason being, we've been doing this a long time.
You & I know the photo we've posted is a good one. How many times can one post a response like good great or wonderful job without it sounding gratuitous or phony.

Zig
Hi Zig: just my 2 cents of opinion. Always enjoy your comments. I am a former Nikon user, but I don't usually visit the Nikon forum, but just happen to be scanning today and caught your post.

However, I would like to differ somewhat with you. I, for one, am always grateful for comments or feedback, no matter how brief. It is kinda like passing a friend on the sidewalk and at least saying "Hello" as you pass by. Just an acknowledgement can be important. It removes any questions about if the photo was actually seen by others, and that it was at least worthy of a comment or criticism. After all, that is one of the functions of any interactive photo forum. There are plenty of picture sites where one can just look at photos, but comments are not solicited. Anyway, as I said, just my 2 cents worth.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:38 PM   #140

A shot from my "humble" D3100... inside a very wet and dark forest (Big Wesh Trail race in Llandegla).
Shot at iso 3200 with my 50mm prime...
I had a carrier bag over my head and the camera- attached with cable ties to the lens hood...
Attached Images

SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote