Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:55 PM   #181

Shooting some city scapes before the blizzard hit the city.

Nikon D810 + 24-70mm f2.8 + ND 1000X

Have a great week everyone..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:15 PM   #182

Beautiful picture Marcelo, I hope for you all up there that the storm that is comming your way is far below what they expect. 90cm Snow is huge, but next to that maybe good for some extraordinary pictures? Still I hope it will not go that bad.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:18 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
Beautiful picture Marcelo, I hope for you all up there that the storm that is comming your way is far below what they expect. 90cm Snow is huge, but next to that maybe good for some extraordinary pictures? Still I hope it will not go that bad.
Thank you Pascal, the blizzard resulted in a small storm with 14-18 inches of accumulation in some areas.

It was a very windy and cold day cleaning the snow from driveways so not too much time for photography

Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:27 PM   #184

Beautiful images, as always, Marcelo.
While the storm petered out (so to speak) in NYC, I can assure you it was a
mighty big storm, here on Cape Cod.

In Barnstable, the weather people say we got 24" of snow. We are still waiting for our street to get plowed by the Town. The town DPW tells us that our road should be plowed tomorrow. Luckily, we didn't lose power.

All in all, a big blow with lots of snow. But then, this is Winter in New England.
It's what is expected.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:59 AM   #185

Thank you Zig,

I'm sorry to heard your situation with the storm, looks like the blizard that was predicted to happen in NYC moved North East and hit Eastern Long Island, Connecticut, Cap Code and the Boston area.

Some people in Connecticut still with out power, it is scary with the low temperatures we have now.

Good luck Zig and I hope conditions get better there.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:39 PM   #186

From the same spot in Bushwick - Brooklyn

Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:04 PM   #187

Nice shots Marcelo, I have the Nikon d40 and cannot get to grips with it. I find it too slow. Bought it to try a DSLR but wished I hadn't. No photo clubs here and got fed up plodding on my own. Looking to sell and move on but wouldn't if I could take photos like yours and others here.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5)
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:26 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Nice shots Marcelo, I have the Nikon d40 and cannot get to grips with it. I find it too slow. Bought it to try a DSLR but wished I hadn't. No photo clubs here and got fed up plodding on my own. Looking to sell and move on but wouldn't if I could take photos like yours and others here.
Thank you so much for the kind words, I have no experience using the D40 but for the kind of pictures I posted you only need a tripod and some patience to wait for the blue hour :-)

Go to your local library and find a book of basic photography, I know you will find great info that will allow you to start shooting pictures like this. You should try also this website:

http://digital-photography-school.co...for-beginners/

I checked your website and you have a fantastic collection of paintings.

Have a great day.

Marcelo
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:07 AM   #189

Thank you for the compliments on my website Marcelo, they are appreciated. My art is the reason I bought the D40 as I understood that a DSLR took better photos than a bridge camera but I find a DSLR is not for me hence the wish to sell it cheap. I have books on photography and I keep a folder of photography sites too but I am still floundering with photography, I think it is me, useless.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5)
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:42 PM   #190

Edith,

I grow up in an environment of painters, my aunt has the biggest art supply store in Ecuador and my father was a painter.

I always had the powerful desire to paint in watercolors and I invested some money in paper, brushes, Windsor & Newton watercolors and never had the capability to do create something appealing or beautiful so photography is helping me with that desire to create art.

I wish I can paint like you do..!! :-)