Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:39 AM   #231

Seattle - Space Needle and Mt. Rainier Sunset

Maple Leaf at the Japanese Garden

Space Needle at Blue Hour

Vancouver Public Market

Somewhere in Vancouver

Vancouver - Steam Clock

Vancouver - Olympic Torch

Vancouver Harbour Green Park

Vancouver - Stanley Park

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:07 PM   #232

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Really nice 'scapes of Seattle. The night/blue hour ones are especially good. Looks like you had some excellent vantage points. The ones with the Space Needle are the famed views seen on picture postcards!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:43 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Really nice 'scapes of Seattle. The night/blue hour ones are especially good. Looks like you had some excellent vantage points. The ones with the Space Needle are the famed views seen on picture postcards!

Jehan
Thank you Jehan,

I do an extensive research before my trips to create a schedule and take advantage of the beautiful views, sunsets and sunrises.

I really appreciate your kind comments.

Marcelo

Last edited by MarceloLI; Nov 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:45 AM   #234

Your photographs, as always, are a pleasure to view.

I do have a question or two;

Many of your shots are at night. Do you use a tripod or are those done hand holding the camera?

This question may be unfair since, it has been sometime (I believe) since you have owned the D600. How do you compare it to the D810. Did you ever own the D800?

Reason I ask is that I use the D610, and while I am satisfied with it's performance, a friend recently purchased the D810. I really enjoyed looking thru the viewfinder vs the viewfinder of the D610. The added Mps are impressive as well.

Whatever impressions you have of the cameras would be appreciated.
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:00 PM   #235

Hi Zig,

Thank you for the kind words about my pictures.

I use tripod for the majority of my cityscapes specially if I am using ND or PL filters but there are situations where I need to hand hold so I just increase my ISO to give me enough speed to capture a sharp picture.

The D610 is a beautiful and amazing camera, I had mine for almost two years. The image quality of this camera is very similar to the D800/810, the noise levels are also very similar and some reviews show that the D800/810 are a little noisier than the D610.

Something I didn't like of the D610 was the focus area in the viewfinder, to small and that was very annoying for me.

Where the D800/810 really shine is in dynamic range, the capability to recover highlights and shadows is fantastic and this is great feature for landscape and cityscapes photographers and of course the extra pixels are nice if your computer is ready for it.

I found also the AF speed and accuracy of the D810 is superior compared to the D610. I had problems focusing in low light situations with the D610.

I had the chance to use a D800E for a week and the performance of this camera is very similar to the D810.

The D610 is a small and very light camera but the D810 is heavy and bigger.

I hope this answer your questions but do not hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Marcelo
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:50 AM   #236

Thanks, for the reply.
And, I agree the focus area looking thru the viewfinder is small as compared to the D810.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:53 PM   #237

Default Lax at night

Although a frequent visitor this is my first photo contribution to this thread. Was out in L.A. this past weekend on an aviation photography trip where I captured this night scene of the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Taken with a Nikon D7100 + Nikon 70-200 mm f2.8 + Nikon 1.7 Tele-converter. 2 sec exposure at ISO 100 in RAW format, tropid mounted.

Jehan

Last edited by Wingman; Nov 13, 2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:47 PM   #238

Hi Jehan,

Very nice picture, you managed to capture five planes in one shot.

Airplanes are one of my fascinations since I was a kid and I have a small collection of scale plastic models.

During my trip to Seattle I visited the Boeing Factory and Fly Museum but unfortunately they do not allow cameras inside the facility.

I was able only to shoot the airport outside the building some pictures and I captured the rare Boeing 747 Dreamlifter:

Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Marcelo

Last edited by MarceloLI; Nov 14, 2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:01 PM   #239

I was expecting to see a larger version of that pano, let me try again:

Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:52 AM   #240

Marcello,

Thanks for your comments.

I visited the Boeing Factory in Everett several years ago and was not impressed with the whole set up there. The restrictions on camera's is irrational at best considering they really don't show you anything that I'd call "top secret" even inside the factory. It was overcast when I was there (typical for the area) and I heard that it was hit-n-miss re. catching air traffic. I heard that the plant in Renton is much better for photography.

Re. the Dream Lifter, here's one of it that I caught when I was spotting at JFK last year...quite thrilling. This most recent trip for me was my annual visit to LAX where the photo opps are abundant!

Jehan