Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:01 AM   #11

Rich hipster bait!
Macro Guy Here-Nikon D7100-D90-Tamron 90mm-Tamron 17-50mm 2.8(non stabilized)-Nikon 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.4D- Nikon 70-300mmVR-Nikon 18-105mmVR-Lensbaby Composer-Nikon SB600(x2)&SB700
shutterbug1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:23 PM   #12

I really like the looks of the new Df. But then I still remember the Nikon F Photomic (NOS) I almost bought in '74. Think next to the Leica Rangefinder...the old Nikon F variations was one of the best looking cameras.

Would I get the Df. No....no video, although I don't use it much.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:28 AM   #13

Personally I don't mind the no video thing that much. I've had my D5100 for a little over two years now . . . I think the number of times I've done video I can count on one hand. For what I use video for . . . I can keep a p&s in my pocket. <grin>

The more I think about it . . . the more I think the Df is really cool.

Retro design . . . so if you want to put those older lenses on it . . . it looks (feels?) more balanced?

And its kinda like when the new Beetle arrived . . . I could see that it was an instant classic . . . its design doesn't really need to change that much. Just little tweaks here and there . . . Even the latest body change is very similar . . . just more aerodynamic . . .

For the Df . . . maybe 3-5 years down the road, change the sensor . . . but that's about it. The essence of the camera has remained the same for so long as it is . . . The current one with its D4 sensor will still be awesome . . .

Take care & Happy Shooting!

NOTE: I'm trying to capture the picture in my head! Not the one my camera sees!

Personal Flickr Favs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacticd...7631300869284/
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote