Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:24 AM   #1
Default D100 resolution ?

Q: The max resolution of D100 is 3008x2000 according to the official specs. If I convert the NEF files to TIF or JPG with Nikon View or Photoshop CS, result is 3008x2000 resolution.
BUT ! if I convert the NEF file with "C1 Pro" then the size is 3024x2008, and on the pictures are really more to see on sites in frame. :?: :?:
ali goktan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:06 PM   #2

That's because the acual ccd resolution of the D100 is a bit larger than the 3008x2000, and Nikon for some reason decided to mask off some of the extra information around the edges. Happens to most digital cameras with raw support. When I had an Olympus E-10, converting the image using the Olympus convertion plug-in or Camedia software, I'd get 2040x1680 resolution. But if I converted it using another program, I forgot the name now, I'd get 2256x1688 or something like that. And as you noted, there was extra image data there that wasn't on the other image converted by the manufacturer's software.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote