Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 24, 2004, 2:18 PM   #1
Default D70 Question for a newbie

I am new to digital photography and am considering purchasing the D70 since I already own a Nikon N80 with 2 Nikon lenses and 1 Tamron lens. My only experience with digital photography is from using a friend's Olympus C-5060WZ which was a joy to use (always took great pictures (indoor and outdoor). I am planning to take my pics in JPEG (don't know much about RAW nor photo editing software) and most of my pics will be of family gatherings (indoor and outdoor) and the odd landscape. Having said that, do I need to worry about things like moire, purple fringing, noise, curves, etc...? I read lots about curves and that's what kept me away from the D100. Is this still an issue with the D70? I own a Canon i950 and most of my prints will be 4x6 with the odd 8x10. Should I go for the D70 or simply settle for the CP-8700?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2004, 5:40 PM   #2

I've had my D70 for 3 days now. Unfortuanately I've not had a lot of time to take gobs of pictures, but of the ones I've taken they look fine. I've not had moire yet and to read comments from others, many say it is not common. I don't think you'll have a problem with purple fringing, nor noise. All my shots have been in iso 200 or 400 and I've not seen noise. I shot one test shot at iso 1600 and yes, there was noise, but it wasn't just horribly so. If you're not sure and you're in no rush, I'd wait for another few weeks. By then, Steve will have his review finalized I'm sure and his reviews are so good that I'm sure it'll answer your questions.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote