Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 30, 2004, 4:18 AM   #1
Default Nikon D70 Moire Initial Thoughts

Hi everyone, i'd just like to put a few thoughts forward on some of the discussion/images that are appearing on the D70 moire issue, before it becomes too big a deal. I work as a digital artist in a professional portrait studio where we use a $12000 Phase one back on a Contax body. In around 25% of images we encounter moire issues (some very severe), Phase One provide a Photoshop Plug in that elimates the moire very well in 95% of cases. It is a problem that that is inherent in many digital cameras but in my experience it is only images that are very sharp at certain focal lengths that experience this problem. I really don't see this as being a big issue as I deal with it 20 times a day. In fact the D70 images i've seen with it in, would lead me to think that the camera is capable of resolving a great deal of detail, which is good news. For those who are thinking of a D70 purchase it might be worth looking at what 3rd party plugins are available, as I am unsure of the availablity of the Phase One plugin as a seperate piece of software. Anyway don't let this issue put you off what looks like a great camera.
DreaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links