Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Default D70 - Television Playback???

Hi Everyone,

Before purchasing the D70 I was using the D100 for over a year now. Doing mostly commercial work, I have people (e.g.: art directors, clients, even the subject) approving the photos.

Before turning into digital, I used POLLAROIDS to preview the shot to get approval, now that I use mainly digital - instead of showing the LCD on the camera, the TV playback was a big help. I hook up the camera on a potable LCD (much like the LILIPUT ) & that's what I use on location or if in the studio – its a 21” TV. Everyone is off my neck waiting for the image preview – they can just relax on there chairs or the subject can use it as a mirror too. That was on my D100 – I take the shot, then the people involved including me sees the preview, me being behind the camera. Everything I do on cam is seen by everyone else (zooming in to check the details or cropping).

Going back to the D70 – I would call myself a D70 convert (but I still own the D100) – I love the fact that I can shoot more RAW NEF in less time compared to the speed of the D100. My only beef with the D70 (apart from not being able to accept a vertical grip & the 300D has one) is that whenever I plug-in the EG-D100 cable for the TV playback, the LCD goes off & I have to view images thru my external device mentioned earlier. I don’t understand why it has to do that when the D100 was OK with it. I tried going thru the customs menu but I didn’t see anything that pertained to my issue. My concern is – is there a way to make the camera built in LCD to just remain as is, when the EG-D100 cable is inserted? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Connecting the cam on the laptop is not an option for me for the download slows me down. On a playback – as soon as the picture is taken, the image comes out on an instant.

liongoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links