Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 4, 2002, 9:13 PM   #1
Default D100 Color Mode

I have had my D100 since June 30. I have taken thousands of pictures; mostly JPEG but some raw. Initally in Color mode I. After I read the manual I began to use III for landscapes. Last week I changed the setting to II. That night I had to take a flash shot and I forget to chang the setting back. That seems to have been a big mistake. The shoots looked warshed out and I have not been able to correct to my sadisfaction. I used the Nikon Editor, ACDsee. add Adobe PS 5LE. I am very new to this but working hard. Any help would be appreciated. Steve thanks for the great site. A through discussion of the three color modes and there best uses would be grest.
dnelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2002, 9:04 PM   #2
Default an idea

Hello - Try resetting your d 100 to default settings then reset what you want. That way you would get rid of settings that you may not be aware of and that may cause unwanted surprises. - Toarto
toarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2002, 1:22 PM   #3

adobe RGB has a much wider color gamut. You will see the biggest difference/improvement in your prints, not on your monitor.

sRGB appears more intense in some colors like red.

If you are just putting them on a computer and don't need the wider color gamut, use sRGB, else use adobeRGB. I always use adobe.

For a view of the color gamut, see the review on www.dpreview.com
scorpio_fish is offline   Reply With Quote