Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 12, 2004, 2:38 PM   #1

I have been reading Steve's great reviews forever andpurchased my last two digital cameras (Sony 95, Panasonic FZ1) in part because of his recommondations. I also tried the FZ10 but I believe I got a lemon on that one and returned it.

Regardless, I have been studying the various posts concerning the D70 for the last couple of month now and finally decided tojoin the the digital SLR "club."

Ipicked up the kit at Ritz Camera about half an hour ago, and am now awaiting my order from B&H that is supposed to arrive by tomorrow.

I also decided to become a member in this forum. Perhaps, I will be able to contribute something after my initial learning curve (probably within 7-10 years or so)

Here is my outfit:

1 D70 kit

1 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED-IF

1 Nikon TC-14E II 1.4x AF-S, AF-I Auto Focus

3 256MB 40x CompactFlash Card with Write Acceleration (WA) Technology
2B&H UVFilters

1 spare battery

I cannot wait to get busy with my new tool. I just wanted to say THANK YOUfor all your very informative post. Of course, you will be blamed for any shortcomings too :-). Just kidding of course...

coedfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2004, 4:09 PM   #2

Congrats on your purchase! Boy, and I thought I was getting the "silent wife" treatment because of the money I spent!
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote