Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 15, 2004, 9:11 AM   #11

tuanokc@hotmail.com wrote:
NHL, I believe the Sigma EF500 DG Super is already upgraded to be comparable with most major DSLR include the Nikons, the cost now is $219 in lieu of $179, you can read the new specs from BHphoto.com.:-)

I'm certain, been there, done that. It will not work with the SB-800 or SB-600, but then the person that tried it did not pay $219... :?:

You want to bet a D70 on it? :-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2004, 10:33 AM   #12

NHL, here are the specs on the updated Sigma flsh, I'm not sure it will work with the iTTL mode, but certain it will work with the D-TTL mode on Nikon digital SLR...

The EF-500 Super DG is Sigma's flagship TTL flash , and has now been updated to also be fully compatible with Digital SLR cameras that use a pre-flash. You will find features designed for the professional, at a much more attractive price than the comparably equipped manufacturer's flashes. The perfect all-around flash for any Digital or 35mm autofocus SLR shooter.

Key Features

Bounce & swivel head
Flash can be tilted 90° upwards and 7° downward for close-ups. Also can be swiveled 180° to the left and 90° to the right

AF Assist
Autofocus auxiliary lamp helps the camera to focus in low-light situations.

LCD Display
Features an Illuminated LCD panel.

Strobe Effect
The "multi pulse" features enable reduced power setting from 1/4 to 1/128 in 6 steps and the pulse frequency of the flash can be set from 1Hz to 100Hz.

High-speed sync
High-speed sync is supported when used with applicable cameras.

Auto Power Off
Battery-saving mode shuts down power after 80 seconds.

tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote