Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 21, 2004, 2:03 PM   #1

This camera shop in NY listed D2H with no reserved prices and said that there are 12 units available. I've been keeping my eyes on it and the most recent bids were from $1500 down to about $1000 for the 12 hopeful bidders. If it is ligit, all the 12 winners will pay the minimum of the 12 last bids. Sure enough, about 1 hour before the end, the seller removed the list claiming that there was"an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount".

They still list the other 12 units which will end in a few days. Note also that they also list the "Buy it Now" unit for $3499.

I think they are testing the market without any intension to sell at such a low price.:sad:
Tanasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:49 PM   #2

Gosh a dishonest camera dealer in NY - call NBC's Dateline immediately :lol:

Seriously, 75% of those dSLR auctions on eBay are scams, I'd stay away from all of them except for those from known camera dealers with good feedback ratings and listings at:

The only NYC guys that I ever deal with are B&H Photo Video.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 4:39 PM   #3

I'm no ebay seller, but rather than pull the auction early, I'd just put a reserve price on the auction and set the reserve a bit on the high side possibly.
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:08 AM   #4

There are some good deals on E-Bay but You really have to check the feedback and how many years they have been on E-Bay selling their merchandise. I got My Nikon 8700 from NewItemsOnly for $784.00 plus $25.00 Federal Express shipping.I had no problems at all and the camera is USA and sealed up box with all wires and stuff that comes with this camera. I also bought my sandisk 512 Ultra II compact flash card on E-Bay for $107.00 shipped free.
You just have to read the feedback and if they don't use Pay-Pal I don't pay any attention to their ad at all.
People that have been selling on E-Bay for a long time don't really want any bad feedback so they are usualy pretty good with their service and do what they advertise.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote