Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:38 AM   #1

I have just bought a nikon D70 with the kit lens 18 to 70 lens. So far I am trying to master it but next week I want to shoot some fireworks.

In the past I have shot fireworks with film with no problems at all. Can I use the same tech as film orthere is a different tech that I have to use? :?

Can you please advice.

Pjxuereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:08 PM   #2

errr, I've never shot film seriously so I can't comment on that but i think I'd try with something like this...

tripod, shutter priority (or manual)with shutter set at 1 second or 2 seconds or longer maybe? and low ISO, oh and maybe the noise reduction feature? (though this seems to double write time to card) Also usethe remote fot the D70 if you've got it or the selft timer mode to prevent the camera shaking on long exposures when you press suhtter-release.

What are poeple's thoughts on this? Am I somewhere near?
jimbojetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 6:31 PM   #3

Those sound pretty good jimbo. Certainly if anyone else has suggestions, please post them. I always have to look up proper settings since I basically do firework shots just once a year--should be easier after next weekend because in the future I'll just have to look at the exif data to see what worked. :-)
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote