Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 18, 2004, 4:23 PM   #1

If you plan to get one, make sure it has the so callled built-in chip so that you will be able to use the battery info feature on the lcd. However there is also a stragne behavior:

When you remove the pack and insert it back, the D2H won't detect it!!
What you have to do is to put the pack on the charger for a few second then you can use it. Now I have to remember that when I have the 3rd party pack in my D2H, I shouldn't remove the pack unless it runs out of juice otherwise if I am on the move with no charger,the pack will be useless even if the charge is full.
Tanasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2004, 5:47 PM   #2

One can expect these kind of problems when using a 3rd party battery. The D2H has been specifically designed to use Nikon's new "smart" battery pack, it communicates with the camera to tell you how much charge and overall battery life is left.

It's the same problem with people using 3rd party Li-ion batteries in Sony cameras, those cameras expect to "see" a smart chip in the battery too.

It pays to use the right batteries - the D2H is too expensive of a camera to scrimp on the battery packs that you use with it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote