Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 19, 2004, 11:23 AM   #1

am on holiday in florida with my d100. seemed to have changed a setting which made the shutter release slow. i cant seem to get it back to the normal speed despite bringing back all settings to default / program mode. am relatively new with the d100 and i dont have the unstruction manual with me. help really is appreciated.
the blurr it makes has been most frustrating:sad:

thanks a lot !

bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:10 PM   #2

The only thing that comes to mind is the autofocus settings. On the left side of the camera, below the main function dial is a selector which allow you to select continuous auto focus, single servo (I think that is correct), and timer. To change this setting, you have to push a tiny button down to unlock the dial and rotate the dial while holding the button.

If, somehow, you have activated the timer function, the shutter won't open until about ten seconds after you push the shutter release. The delay time can be changed with one of the CSM settings. I suspect this is what has happened. If you are using the timer, make sure you turn it off when you are done.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:43 PM   #3

Have you checked custom function #24, "Anti-shock", which holds the mirror up before the shutter opens and keeps it up until after the shutter has closed? It's used mainly for long exposures and/or when using really long lenses where tiny vibrations could produce less than perfect sharpness. However, if you have reset the camera as you implied, then CS#24 should have gone back to its initial factory setting, which is to be OFF, not ON.

Or could it be that you are shooting in less than favorable lighting conditions? CS#24 would not cause blur in a picture unless the camera was not stabilized with a tripod or steady hands.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:57 PM   #4

I agree with marokerohere, it sounds like you turned on the Mirror Lockup feature, or you set your dial to timer mode
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote