Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:59 AM   #1

I currently have a coolpix 5000 and am interested in changing to a dslr. I want this camera for mainly action shots. I would use this camera for taking photos of indoor volleyball. I have heard that the D100 is great for this, but with the D70 being introduced, I wonder which would be better. I am mainly concernced with the overall speed of the two cameras. Does the D100 and D70 have the same speed with auto focus as well as overall speed.
JohnVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2004, 1:32 PM   #2

I have a D70 and like most of the review i think that the D70 is an improved D100. In most technical aspect it will match or beat the D100. Also, the D100 will probably end it's career soon. On the other end the D100 has the option of adding the portrait grip.

You can't go wrong with a D70.

I use it a lot for action shooting and my D70 is always ready to CLIC when i want it.

Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 6:41 PM   #3

As a shooter of the D-100 I think they are about the same. The 70 has a faster flash sync speed, Important for INDOOR action shots... but don't forget The lens is more important for Clear sharp action shots f2.8 is a must . .. and Flash sync with the camera... indoor lighting is not near the same as outdoor you will need the Nikon SB80 or SB800 Flash and then you have got to be close.. I have enclosed one of my cutting pics I took Using Nikon D-100, SB 80 ,Nikon f2.8 80-200mm and two strobes triggered by pocket wizzrds.. Good luck Dale
Attached Images
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote