Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 20, 2004, 1:33 PM   #1

Anyone knows if can I use the PB-4 Bellows with D70?

nikonf801s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:34 PM   #2

I sent an email inquiry to Nikon support asking if I could use a PK 11A adapter ring to attach my D70 to a PB 4 bellows that I have owned since the early 1970's when I used it on a Nikon F Photomic and a Nikkormat ftn to copy slides.

I got a reply indicating I could use the D70 directly on the D70. here is my question and their reply in an email.

"Can I use the PK 11A extension ring between my D70 and the PB4 Bellows to avoid damaging the electrical contacts on the camera body?"

"Response Myron M. via Email 07/06/2011 12:04 PM Dear Mr. XXXX: Yes, you can use the PK-11a between the D70 and the mount on the PB-4 bellows. However, you can also safely mount the D70 to the PB-4 without the PK-11a. Thank you for writing. Myron"

I have seen this question asked on various forums and most people say Nikon says not to use it directly on the D70, etc DSL, but to use the PK11A adapter. It is nice to get this from the "horses mouth!"
cdpark is offline   Reply With Quote