Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 23, 2004, 1:11 PM   #1

I am looking into buying the Sb-600 for my D-70, the question I have is this...Is there enough gained in the 600 over the 28DX I already have to make it worthwhile?

I have also noted that I will have to buy a new sync-cord for the 600 also.
randy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2004, 1:22 PM   #2

I'm sure at least it can offer the new technology on the I-TTL mode with the D-70 while your old SB-28DX can not and doesn't work with this mode, and the D70 doesn't offer the DTTL multi sensor meteringwith the SB-28DX, only the auttomatic non TTL mode (samething on the SB-50DX). The SB-28DX is pretty much worthless with the D70 but will work great with most other Nikon SLRs or DSLRs, such as the D100.

For less than $100 different, I would go for the SB-800 much better performance and value than the SB-600.

tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:19 PM   #3

I used an SB28 with my N60 and still using it with my D70, has been working out well. Put the D70 in M mode, match the aperature setting (5.6) and ISO (800 or 1000 usually) on both camera and flash, seems to work fine. If things are some distance away I put flash in M 1/1 mode and set zoom to 70 or 85; if things are closer I usually put flash in A mode with lower zoom. At my local asphalt track I was having dark pics since I'm not able to get very close to the cars. Last time out I tried bumping up from 800 to 1000 ISO and pics were much better.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote