Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:07 PM   #1

Hello, All!

I have a weird issue with my new D70. It does not really impact anything, but I just want to make sure that my particular D70 is not the only one doing this.

The problem is as follows:

I focus at an object that is about 5ft away. The camera focuses and acknowledges this with the confirmation beep. I take the finger off of the shutter.

Now, I point at something much further away (ca. 25ft). When I watch the outside edges of my view field, I notice that the camera slightly changes the focal length when I am pressing the shutter to focus.

Can anyone with a D70 replicate this, or am I the only one experiencing this issue?

I would also appreciate any explanations you guys might have.

Thank you!

okaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2004, 2:19 AM   #2

It's not a change of focal length per se. That's how focusing works - near and far objects require internal elements to be in different positions to relay the image on the sensor as "in focus".

I suspect the perceived change in field of view may be due to the internal focusing design of the lens - with some older lenses, the front element physically moves according to focal distance.

Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote