Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:41 PM   #1

I just purchased my D70 after trading in my N90s. I know, sorry to all of the long-time nikon users but the value was worth it. Anyway, I need a decent flash but I can't believe that Nikon wants me fork another $300 for one of their flashes even if I've heard all of the nice TTL features.

Can you recommend a good flash for the D70?

I own the SB28 and Promaster 5750DX.

Kareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:59 PM   #2

go to sigmaphoto.com and take a look...
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:42 PM   #3

If you find a flash you like, make sure it is compatible with the D70. Just fitting the hot-shoe doesn't count. Nikon has changed their flash interface and they recommend only the newer Nikon flashes. Older Nikon flash units will work, partially. They will not work in TTL mode. You need to find something that is DTTL (I think that is correct) compatible to use all the features.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:06 PM   #4

FYI - Need i-TTL at least for the D70, D2x series... D-TTL is for older cameras (D1's, D100 etc...) with no wireless mode (or white balance matching)!

I don't speak Korean, but the pictures speak for themselves : http://www.sigma-photo.co.kr/Review/EF500DGSUPER/04.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:57 AM   #5

For the Korean translation, use this webpage translator from Babel Fish Translation, very usefull information about this flash inside the text. Note: check other webpage on this review other inforamtion about the D70 and the flash system from Sigma.

alexvaib is offline   Reply With Quote