Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:01 AM   #1

I got my D70 Wed. Now I need a gear bag. Any suggestions. Here's what I wish to carry:
  1. D70 w/ kit lens (attached if possible) w/ hood[/*]
  2. Sigma 70-200 Lens w/ hood[/*]
  3. Extra memory and power pack[/*]
  4. here's the kicker...my JVC GR-AXM2300 camcorder.[/*]
  5. extra camcorder tapes and batteries.
I'd love to also carry my Olympus C-700, but I think I'm already pushing the limits of 1 bag. My current Targus bag will fit everything exept the Sigma and hoods, but will not fit the camera w/ lens attached.

Any suggestions? Prices? Places to buy?
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:16 PM   #2

Congrats on your new camera.

With what you're wanting to carry perhaps you should check one of your local quality camera stores. Heck cart your stuff with you and see what will fit your needs. Cheaper doing it that way as opposed to buying a couple or more on line.

Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:18 PM   #3

hm...there are backpacks out, that could probably hold all that...although, i'm not sure how big your camcorder is...

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 6:38 AM   #4

Problem is I already did that. My only local camera shop is a Ritz in the mall. Limited to say the least. Just looking for suggestions. Saw Tamrac 5512 and 612 on line ,but since I can not see them in person I was looking for any suggestions

brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:22 AM   #5

Do you need a bag or could it be a hard case as well? I use a Lowepro Natrure Trekker AW II to lug around about the same equipment (a 70-200 and 17-35 lenses, D100 w grip) except for the camcorder, but I also carry an F100 film body, plus two flashes, an external battery pack for my flashes, a light meter, a tiny 50mm f/1.8 lens, a Leatherman Wave, lens cleaning stuff, two AA battery chargers (Lightning 4000) w AA's in them, spare camera batteries, spare memory cards, medicine (Immodium AD and Lactaid a MUST!! - you never know!) and some misc tools. I'm not sure how big the camcorder is, but Lowepro has bigger backpacks in their line-up.

These days I've been using a Pelican 1510 Case. I can lug just about the same, if not slightly more gear than my Nature Trekker. The big plus for me are greater weather resistance, more gear protection from bumps or drops, no cords or harnesses to get caught while walking around, and the case just "inplies" serious business when I walk into weddings :lol:
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote