Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:41 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,

I was planning to purchase aNikon D70 once Christmas was out of the way and paid for, however my wife had other ideas.

As soon as the kids had finished unwrapping their gifts my wife gave me a "Surprise" present which turned out to be a D70 complete with the 18-70 lens.

So you can imaginehow the rest of my day was spent, pacing up and down waiting for the battery to charge whilst reading the manual.

I am not an experienced photographer so I plan to be on here reading all the tips and picking a few brains.

The D70 is a step up from my Nikon compact but now the kids areolder and I seem to have more spare time I thought it time to get back into some "Serious" picture taking.

I was looking for a good Forum to provide me with some help and discussion concerning my journey into the world of the D70 and digital in generaland by the looks of itthis site could be the one

Mike (UK)

bilirubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:49 PM   #2

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the D70 world. Like you I'm a complete beginner on the D70.I've only gone and bought mine this afternoonso I've been taking a fewphotos and studying the manual this evening. I can't wait for some daylight tomorrow :-)

There's a lot of experienced photographers within these forums and reading through the posts there's lots of tips to pickup and lots of discussions about additional lenses etc.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy owning the D70.
stixbri is offline   Reply With Quote