Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 4, 2005, 5:32 AM   #21

After a lot of thinking and trying out of cameras...I've started looking at the Canon EOS 20D. I plan to use the camera for weddings primarily and the Canon is actually pretty fast compared to the Nikon. It hasa much better Autofocus than the Nikon D70. Although I do favor the Nikon, so I'm currently torn between the two :roll:
newbieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:37 PM   #22

The 20D is faster than the D70, both in terms of focusing and FPS. Then again, it's about $500 more than the D70. I've handled a 20D and was impressed; in particular I like that big wheel and low noise. Since you haven't bought into a system yet, look at all costs associated with both systems (camera bodies, lenses, flashes, etc.) both now and down the road.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:11 PM   #23

For my money I'd buy the Pentax *ist DS instead (and I did). It has the exact same sensor as the D70 (made by Sony by the way) in a much smaller physical package which is also much better built IMO. The LCD on the Pentax is also better, and I find the picture quality to be equal but without the moire problem. I think that issue is in Nikon's firmware and Pentax seems to have solved it.

After trying both extensively (a week each), I liked the menu system on the Pentax much better, and the controls as well. The D70 is a huge beast of a camera and I wanted something that I would actually carry!

Check out the Pentax, you won't be sorry.

jaynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:29 PM   #24

I think I will just stay with my D-100 Nikon. I can't find anything I don't like about the D100 at all.
Attached Images
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote