Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:21 AM   #11

Thank you again for all your responses. I'm not new to digital - but I've just had little hp point and shoots before this. The only post processing I've done has been some cropping in MS Picture It. My film cameras were point and shoot also.

My husband actually bought me the Canon G6 for Christmas, but returned it after I was reading more reviews. He then picked up a Nikon 8800 for my gift, and I used it for a week and wasn't really happy with the speed for indoor, low light photos. I returned it and upgraded to the D70.

I did install PSE last night, and fiddledwith it a bit. I did get the SB 800 on Saturday. It was a splurge, but my husband is a nice, nice guy.

Fellow mother of 6
Hi Suzie! Nice to know I'm not alone!

I really wanted to get a feel for this camera over the next few months. My husband and I are taking our 12 and 14 year olds to Palm Springs, California in Feb. and our 18 and 16 year olds to Italy in April. I'd like to be able to take decent pictures to remember these trips by.

There's never a lack of photo ops around here, though most will be far from artistic!
Deeborah L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:43 AM   #12

:-)Deborah, you're not alone!! I bought my D70 just before Christmas and did the same as you, read lots about it and just stared at the camera bag. Just pick it up and take pictures. I took a few hours one night and took about 200 pictures of a baby swing, playing with the settings until I became somewhat comfortable with it. I've learned enough about PSE3 to salvage any mistakes. I've even surprised myself with a few good shots along the way. Now I'm still a littel tentative with the camera but daughter did have to ask me to put the camera away and stop taking pictures of her, so I take that as a sign that I'm getting more comfortable with it.

Enjoy the camera and all those great pictures you're going to get of the kids!!!

Kirsten, mom to a 2 1/2 yr old and 7 month twins.
kbksmom is offline   Reply With Quote