Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 12, 2005, 4:24 AM   #1

I have been shopping around for the D70 and noticed eBay has quite a few packages for low prices. The sellers are Power Sellers with high positive ratings. For example, the one listed below goes for $1,179. Is there something more to these apparently good deals than I am aware of?

Nikon D70
Brand New USA Camera
Factory Sealed with USA warranty

Items Included with
the Nikon D70:

Items Included with

* D70 Digital SLR Camera Body
* Strap
* Body cap
* Eyepiece cap
* LCD monitor cover
* Video cable
* USB cable
* Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3
* Quick Charger MH-18
* PictureProject CD-ROM
* CR2 Battery Holder MS-D70
* Soft case (CL-0915)
* Hood: bayonet-type (HB-32)
* Nikon 28-80 F3.3-5.6G AF Zoom Nikkor
* Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF Zoom-Nikkor
* Hitachi 2GB MicroDrive
* USB Compact Flash Card Reader
* Deluxe All Weather Proof Carrying Case
* Deluxe Video & Photo Tripod
Tom30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:10 PM   #2

Quite frankly, I wish I had had the confidence to buy my camera on Ebay, because I have bought the TC14E and the 17/55 F2.8 on Ebayand saved a packet. I bought them from urgalaxy who more or less guarantee that there will be no taxes or duty to pay, and in my case it was that. I know some people have been charged, but if you look at their ratings then 99% of people seem to be very happy! I have no association with this company, but being in Europe the difference between the best price today that I can find for the 17/55 F2.8 for example is £990 in Europe and £700 on Ebay. Quite frankly I have NEVER had a problem with Nikon equipment over more than 20 years, so buying through the internet gives me no qualms at all. Incidentally, the last item I bought, the TC14E, took 5 days to arrive.

Go for it!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:56 PM   #3

The catch is that some of those thigs are cheap and will break. The othe catch is if there is somethign wrong with the camera (it does happen) you can not go to a store and replace it for free.

It's a good price but . . . . it's online. I had considered it but when I got my D70 I had a lot of questions that the dealer was glad to spend time and answer.

Plus you get the cheaper of the 2 lens - that is where they are saving some money. Get the 18-70 lens not the 28-80.

You can not get a better all around lens then the 18-70 and you would miss the wide angle. If you want a wide lens THEN you would have to spend $3000 OR but the 18-70.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:24 PM   #4

www.buydig.com is selling for $1082 b4 mir

aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote