Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 26, 2005, 3:05 PM   #1

Hi all,

I am considering the Nikon VR 24-120 lens as it will suit my need for a wider lens that I currently possess, and for the VR facility as I almost always hand hold. Can anyone give me any feedback on their experiences with it / any reviews you know of / alternatives? I've been mainly using my 35-105 mm ith my D70 and F100 but I'm going to be shooting a lot more kids in classroom situations from now on and for that I need to get closer than 5 feet or so.....

amaliepiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:29 AM   #2

This one good lens to have and carry around as it reaches a bit further than the 105m lens. But it is a bit bulky and heavier too.

You could find more discussion on it at www.nikonians.org in their forum.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:33 PM   #3

It is a great all around lens. I use it on a D100 for everything I do.

Weddings. Portraits, Pets, Cars, Motorcycles, Scenics for My compititions, I do everything with this lens.

You can't go wrong. Just make sure you get a new one from a good camera store because when nikon 1st came out with this lens they had a softness problem that was later corrected. They pulled all of the bad ones but the ones that got sold are still out there. If you are buytng a used one just be aware of what you are getting.

I forget what the serial # break was but I'm sure it is on one of the early forum items. I hope this helps you.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote