Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 25, 2005, 2:10 PM   #1

I own three nikon sb flashes; two 28s and a 29 (macro ring flash). I use a S1 pro for digital work and it works fine with the flashes as do my film cameras. I am thinking of buying a new slr digital. Does the fujifilm s3 work with standard sb flashes? Why can't you use the sb flashes on a nikon d70? Any thoughts?
ericsvendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:59 PM   #2

You asked this question in our Nikon Forum, which is setup for Nikon's non-DSLR models.

Since your question is aboutflash compatibility with the D70, I'll move thisthread to our Nikon DSLR Forum, where you may find D70 owners that know the answer.

It looks like your primary concern is more related to compatibility with theFuji S3 Pro, now that I read your post again. ;-)

You may want to ask this question in our Fujifilm DSLR Forum if that is your primary concern(if youdon't getresponses in this forumthat indicate what changes Nikon has made to newer bodies that impact flash compatibility with older flashes).

We also have a forum setup for Flash - External. But, for camera compatibility questions, you'd probably have better luck getting useful responses in the manufacturer specific forums.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 5:06 AM   #3

Nikon cameras use a Nikon connection and Nikon TTL. Nikon changed the standard and introduced Nikon D-TTL with the D70 and the D2X they changed the standard again and introduced I-TTL. Older Nikon Flashes will work with the D70 in manual mode but not in TTL as they do not have I-TTL suuport.

Not sure about the Fuji S1 I know that Fuji implemented Nikon TTL on the S2 and D-TTL on the S3. To use TTL on the S3 you'll need a flashgun that supports D-TTL or else use the flash in manual mode.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:20 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. Eric
ericsvendsen is offline   Reply With Quote