Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 16, 2005, 7:42 AM   #1

Changes applied with the upgrade of A firmware version 1.01 and B firmware version 1.03 to A and B firmware version 2.00
  • Performance of the 5-area AF system has been improved (Dynamic area and Closest subjct AF-area modes). [/*]
  • Changes have been made to the design of menu displays. [/*]
  • Page-size settings can now be applied from the camera with direct printing from a PictBridge-compatible printer. [/*]
  • The number of exposures remaining, displayed in the control panel and viewfinder, when shooting at an image-quality setting of NEF (RAW) or NEF+JPEG Basic has been changed (the number is calculated based on the size of compressed RAW file).
    Maximum number of exposures displayed when a 256-MB CompactFlash memory card is used:
    Version 2.00: NEF (RAW): approx. 44 exposures; NEF+JPEG Basic: approx. 39 exposures
    Version 1.03 or earlier: NEF (RAW): approx. 23 exposures; NEF+JPEG Basic: approx. 21 exposures [/*]
  • The default setting for camera clock has been changed from 2004.01.01 to 2005.01.01. Now you cannot set the clock back to a date before 2004.12.31. [/*]
  • A problem that sometimes caused communication between the camera and computer to be unexpectedly terminated when using Nikon Capture Camera Control has been corrected. (Windows) [/*]
Can be downloaded from Nikon USAsite.

waheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 12:00 PM   #2

I should put this into my camera?

I bought it back in December and havent but any firmware...reason why is cuz I heard someone say to leave it stock...that the newest firmware at the time was crappy.

Recommend me to stick this one in?
Zeroskillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 1:46 PM   #3

thanks for the link.
update worked without mistakes. the new menus look cool now.
the auto focus is a little faster as far as I noticed and number of shots left is now correct. with my 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II it showed 93 when the card was formatted. now it shows 178.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 8:02 PM   #4

upgraded firmware worked fine for me.

I would definitely get all the firmware upgrades that come out. Leaving the camera at its 'out of the box' status would be the same as having windows 2000 w/o any of the patches or service packs.

There are always upgrades in the technology and better ways to make a wheel. upgrades to firmware and patches just let use of the new technology.

Kingsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 4:38 AM   #5

ZerosKillet : I got the D70 firmware V.2.0 in my camera and all is OK, folow the instruction and you will see, is very easy.. Carlitin
Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 3:23 PM   #6

I did the firmware update yesterday. The menu screen looks alot better. No complaints on the old one thought.... Did not take to long either. If anyone is going to do it just follow the instructions they have on the website and you won't have any issues !
jayd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 11:01 PM   #7

Is this firmware the one that bring the D70 in align with D70s features? Or this is totally different?

If that is the case, does the D70s have these fixes?
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 7:05 PM   #8

Is there a way to backup the existing firmware before doing the upgrade?

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 7:17 AM   #9

AH! my AF Assist light stoped working! andi followed the intructions perfectly.. other than that this update was cool.. hopefully i can get it working, gonna playeith it for a bit.

Mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 7:30 AM   #10

There we Go... it Finally Kicked in i was worried for a bit.

Mato is offline   Reply With Quote