Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 26, 2005, 2:40 PM   #1

I have had my D70 firmware upgraded to 2.0 last week. The camera works fine, but I can't really tell the difference according to the picture quality, it just as good as before. But I found there is a minor problem. When I turn off the camera (the battery is still there), and then turn on again but change to other shooting mode, such as from P mode switch to A mode, I have to reset the exposure compensation, otherwise, it will be set to -0.7. I found this because when I review the photos I notice they are under exposure. How can I fix this problem? Although it is very easy to adjust this setting, but you know, sometimes it is very easy to forget the minor things and it ruins a good shoot.

Thanks for your opinions.
jason_wyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2005, 5:21 PM   #2

I've just checked mine and it's not doing what you described. Why not try a reset to default settings and see if that helps.
wingnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 9:23 PM   #3

I'm thinking to upgrade my firmware. Would like to know if your problem have continued ? Thanks
query is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 12:25 PM   #4

I upgraded also. I haven't had any of those problems you described, but do have something else. I tried the PictBridge option (printing photos directly from the camera) and I can't select the "Print (DPOF)" menu option. Also, page size for PictBridge printing is limited---I can only select 4 x 6, Letter, and Printer Default. I am supposed to be able to print 3.5 x 5, 5 x 7, Hagaki, 100 mm x 150 mm, 4 x 6, 8 x 10, Letter, A3, or A4.

When you upgraded, did you do both files? There is an "A" firmware update and a "B" firmware update.

Also, these must be updated separately!
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote