Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:37 PM   #11

I'm on my second D2X and never had a problem with focus?? Bet Canon could not do better! My old boss works for Canon in Orange County...guess he wished he would have stuck with Nikon!

Software is not an issue...will resolve itself in the nextcoming years....and every Nikon user will be in heaven!

Spend moneyon "glass"...there is no better performer!!

More Canon "crams" for Pixil Formation....they loose....big time...!

All I can remember as a kid, my uncle coming home from Korea withthis "cheap" SLR from the Asian states...never sold in the USA....a Canon....made a lot of noise and soon failed...I remember my uncle just out of the Navy becamevery upset...because he was told this was the best buy in the market....opened the camera hoping to fix it in some way...foundgears with American names ...like Coke and Pepsi stamped onto them....stillhave that camera, he gave it to me..

I shoot weddings...never a problem...unless you shoot professional and know what you are talking about...don't think you should posthere...a credit card can buy anything butProfessionalism...

Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 9:07 AM   #12

slioch wrote:
I keep coming across references to a batch of D2X with focus/wb problems. Can someone point me towards the serial numbers affected so I can work out whether I have a problem with my camera or with my technique? PLEASE?
All of these high end DSLR's have problems with the first batch. Being dumb and stupid, (especially so, since I know all about this)I went out and got mine from the first batch, but was quite lucky and don't have any focus problems. Nor have I heard of any D2x's with WB problems.

By this time, Nikon has worked out the glitches - I wouldn't worry about this anymore.

DBB is offline   Reply With Quote