Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1

Like many people, I don't like to use auto and use the above most of the time. The problem that happened this weekend while photographing the Le Mans 24 hour race was that the aperture/shutter speed kept bouncing all over the place giving lousy results. Having set the camera on aperture priority for F11 it showed 1/500th, then went wild and showed anything from 1/60th to 1/500th. It was a bright sunny day and I was about 25yds from the cars at times using the 70/200 VRIFED F2.8 (with hood of course!)sometimes with the TC14E and sometimes without, depending on the shot Iwanted to take. Nothing in between me and the cars, like for examplea wire fence which might affect things.The same happened in reverse using shutter priority so badly (F2.8/F20)that I was forced in the end to use manual mode.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so how did they get it resolved? Out of over 500 photos I took on the Saturday, I reckon around 15% are printable, owing to slow speed causing blurred shots, wrong aperture giving lousy contrast, etc. I tried everything - spot metering and the whole range, but my success rate overthe first twodays of racing were lamentable - I am ashamed of the results but this time the problem is down to the camera. Help please!
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:50 AM   #2

Not wishing to worry you but it seems that some of the cameras with the dreaded blinking green led problem have had their metering printed circuit board changed.

It may just be an electricalcontact problem though.
julian_1234 is offline   Reply With Quote