Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 28, 2002, 8:01 PM   #1
Default D100 vs D1X

I'm getting some of my 990's in print, but it seems that a digital SLR will get me better results. While the D100 seems to be pushing my budget the way it is, I want to at least think about the D1X (which is falling in price).

Since the D1X is more expensive, it must offer something more. I read that it is more "durable." But what about picture quality? What more does a D1X give over a D100? -- especially when considering some photos will be submitted for glossy magazine reproduction.
RandyCarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:36 AM   #2

d1x baby!!!...all the way...but the weight is damn heavy...but ya know...with the extra battery grip on the D100...the weight is heavy too
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2002, 12:38 AM   #3

though i wouldn't buy either the d1x is a much more capable camera tha the d100. neither one is really useful beyond 11x14 prints. digital still has a lot of growing up to do before i drop that kind of cash. i'm not paying to prototype for nikon or canon. neither one has it right yet. for mag work the D1x.

the d1x hasa better internal workflow and filtering for pro use and image quality. firewire output for those who download direct. in the case of the d100 more pixels did not make a better camera. usb 1.1 ?.
i catagorize the d100 as the camera for those who must have a dslr. still too many compromises for me.

[Edited on 8-2-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote