Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2005, 2:00 AM   #1

I am scratching my head here and hope someone can help. I have the D70 set up so the rear sub command dial works the aperture and the front the shutter. I shoot mostly in aperture priority mode so I find it more convenient this way. However on the D2X the dials are the other way round which is confusing if you have the two bodies with you and switch. I can't seem to find a way of changing the two sub command dials on the D2X. Is there an answer please?
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 8:14 PM   #2

On the D2x It is custom setting F5 which allows you to switch the functions of the two dials.

DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:05 PM   #3

That is exactly how I setup my cameras. In the D2x you do the following -- Press┬*Menu > f Controls > f5 Command dials > Change Main/Sub > OnThe camera comes with that function turned off, so turning that on switches Main and Sub Command Dial positions. Happy shooting!┬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/grin.gif[/img] How do you like the X so far? ----- I see the forums are still unfriendly towards Safari - no line spacing between paragraphs┬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/shakehead.gif[/img]
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote