Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1

I have decided to go with Nikon, the question is just - buy the D70s now or wait a few months, just incase a replacement is right at hand...

I would just feel really sad if I bought a D70s next week, just to find out that a Dx0 will be introduced in a few months..

I know that there is more to it than megapixels, having owned a Fujifinepix 2800 2.0MP camera for almost 3 years now, I have often seen how superiosr it can be to no-name/asian brands of 4-6MP camera that my friends have bought...

But I still can't help thinking that I am buying "outdated" techonology...sure it a major step forward compared to my Fuji, but the thought just bugs me...

Or if a replacement launch would cause price cuts on the D70s...

So, I would like to hear some sincere feedback from the Nikon people here, maybe I am not the only one in this situation... :-)

Webmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:21 PM   #2

No sign that Nikon is about to replace the D70s just yet. There are a lot of rumours about a D200 as replacement for the D100 but that is likely to be a step up in price from the D70s.

That's the real problem with this technology there's always something better just over the horizon but eventually you just have to jump in or you'll sit on the side for ever.

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote