Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:23 PM   #1
Default Trouble with brand new D100

I just got my brand new D100 last friday and I think there is a problem with the camera. Everything that I take seems to be over exposed and lacks contrast. Some of the pictures have an area in the upper right corner that looks even worse. That is the probem I am most worried about. I have looked at them in Photoshop and iPhoto. I am able to fix them up to look better, but I certainly don't want to be doing that to every photo. According to the discussions I have seen previously on the D100, everything is usually under exposed.

I am using a Nikon 28-100 1:3.5-5.6G lens and Auto everything for the shots. The shots are outside with plenty of sunlight.

My questions are:

1) How do I determine that there is a problem?
2) How do I know if it is the lens or the camera (this is the only lens I currently have)?

mike_begeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:27 AM   #2

First of all you should determine whether its the lens or the body thats making trouble.
Why not go to a dealer - pretending to buy another lens - go outside an take a couple of shots. When you leave - put on your own lens and shoot a couple from the same position. Then go home and watch them on your PC.
This should locate the problem so far.

You know...I've only had my D100 for some weeks now - and it's def. not a point and shoot camera. You have to experiment to find your own best settings for eact occation. Maybe you should learn something about curves! You can download several from the net and then upload them to your D100. Just to find the best overall setting for you.

You can find something about curves here:

Or just go Google with "Nikon curves"...
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote