Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2003, 2:00 AM   #1
Default ridata data flash cards 512mb

never ever buy this one...i just got it using my d1x...its very cheap card and runs very fast but is not reliable...this is a warning....maybe other have better luck but not me...i bought 2 of these cards and both sucks!!

my 2cents
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2003, 6:47 AM   #2

actually they worked quite well in my D7i and D7Hi. never a glitch. but i have heard of issues with 2nd tier cards in the D series (its the old controller comm issue). i sold them off due to lack of warrantee backing here in the US. i use the delkin pro and lexar cards(lifetime). these are about the most reliable and well backed cards i've seen so far. i guess you get what you pay for these days.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:59 PM   #3

It sounds like a camera dependant problem for sure ... a friend of mine uses four Ridata 512MB CF cards in his D60 for professional use. He shoots weddings and studio portraits and creates a lot of images and has never had any problems. He swears by them (not at them )

I also have several Ridata 512 cards and have used them in a variety of cameras including my D100 with no problems.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote