Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:30 AM   #1

Hey Guys, Can anyone clarify on this doubt as to whether the D70s or say the DSLRs in general can take a B & W and Sepia mode picture straight on the camera like lot of those point and shoot cameras:?. I know it can be done using the software that comes with it but need to know if it can be done straight away!!

Also the other day i was doing my homework between trying to decide between the Nikon D70s or the Canon equivalent and the shop guy told me to wait till Feb '06 when an equivalent of the D70s might be out. Anyone heard of such a news or the guy's bluffing (why?I can't figure - he had the stock)?
icecube4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:41 AM   #2

The D70 doesn't do B&W or Sepia in camera.

As you know it can be done afterwards in software which is much better for two reasons.

1you can choose to use the shot in B&W Sepia or Colour, if you select this in camera you can't change your mind later.

2 If you search the web you will find techniques for conversion to b&W that are far better than a simple convert to greyscale. Using hue saturation layers for example you can control how the different colours are converted to B&W and produce effects similar to using the red, orange and yellow filters used with B&W film.

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote